A Carter Lumber Yard Foreman/Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling and coordinating all deliveries for customers and ensures products are delivered on time as well as providing direction in the operation of a lumberyard.
3178 E. Burton Rd.
Burton, MI 48529
A Carter Lumber Yard Foreman/Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling and coordinating all deliveries for customers and ensures products are delivered on time as well as providing direction in the operation of a lumberyard. Ensures trucks are being maintained and drivers logs are completed accordingly. Maintaining the stock and presentation of items in the yard, inventory control, following delivery processes and communication are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
3178 E. Bristol Rd.
Burton, MI 48529
• Works closely with yard employees to ensure deliveries are built correctly and customers are serviced on time.
• Responsible for setting up and coordinating delivery dates with store locations and customers.
• Provides drivers with their assignment and ensures that on time deliveries are made.
• Handles all changes in delivery schedule and ensures that they are communicated to the customers.
• Utilizes delivery dispatch management system to consistently improve market’s delivery efficiencies.
• Responsible for setting the direction and managing areas of employment such as; hiring, communication, motivation, discipline, separation and other areas.
• Ensures goals are outlined for employees and are met.
Delivery Equipment & Record Keeping:
• Ensures delivery equipment is safe and maintained according to applicable DOT regulations and company’s policies and procedures.
• Ensures driver’s log and other records are being completed and maintained according to DOT regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Captures data from delivery logs to ensure routing was done efficiently.
• Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
• Ensures that material is accurately pulled and staged for pickup or delivery.
• Directs delivery schedules and responsible for ensuring that they are on time and the correct material and quantities were delivered.
• Responsible for maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
• Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in the yard including sales, inventory and safety. Ensures that all equipment is being properly used and maintained.
Knowledge & Training:
• Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
• Completes required orientation and safety training.
• Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
• Encourages and oversees employee career development.
• Previous driving/dispatching experience
• Possess knowledge in DOT regulations
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Previous supervisory experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a lumber yard
• Ability to direct and train others effectively as a team member
• Familiarity with building materials
• Ability to participate effectively as a team member
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
• Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber Company, 2020