In today's economy, imagine a career with stability and peace of mind. Drive with us, and you'll have just that! If you want to join a company that values and rewards hardworking employees, start your trucking career with Carter Lumber today. Join our Carter family and be home with yours every weekend, guaranteed!
Carter Lumber, a growing, 85 year-old, family company, is seeking experienced CDL A drivers for our company owned and operated semi-tractor trailers transporting materials to our locations throughout the region. This is a full-time position with amazing healthcare benefits. We pay an hourly wage, plus odometer mileage, and you will operate new trucks. Unlike other outfits, that sell off your hard work to outside companies, you will be driving for US!
• Responsible for delivering material to retail locations across the region using the most efficient route available.
• Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service at delivery site.
• Maintains driver’s log and other records to ensure that Federal DOT reporting requirements are being met.
• Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
• Ensures the safe operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
• Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use and reports defects or safety issues to the supervisor immediately.
• Must have a valid Class A CDL drivers license
• Familiar with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
• Clean driving record
• Successfully pass required DOT pre-employment screening
• Possess good communication skills
• Medical Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber Company, 2019