Carter Lumber is looking for a Whole House Component Designer who would be responsible for designing roof and trusses, wall panels, and EWP for the quoting and production for the National Builder Business.
Carter Lumber is looking for a Whole House Component Designer who would be responsible for designing roof and trusses, wall panels, and EWP for the quoting and production for the National Builder Business. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by customers. Requires the knowledge of commonly used framing concepts and practices within the construction industry. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
• Creates roof trusses, wall panels, and EWP floor design illustrations based from blueprints to produce working drawings for fabrication.
• Completes and finalizes designs for production and assembly.
• Evaluates designs to ensure that design standards are being met.
Analyzes and Troubleshoots:
• Reviews and analyzes specifications, blueprints, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood components.
• Communicates with production teams, customers and sales to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process. Assists sales in responding to questions/concerns from customers.
• MiTek experience required; SE trained is preferred
• Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction
• Previous experience using truss software
• High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed
• Competency in basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
• Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans
• Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber, 2021