Carter Lumber is looking for a Roof and Floor Truss Estimator who would be responsible for designing and estimating plans for multi-family components products. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by general contractor.
Carter Lumber is looking for a Roof and Floor Truss Estimator who would be responsible for designing and estimating plans for multi-family components products. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off of blueprints provided by general contractor. Requires the knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the construction industry. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
• Creates and estimates Roof/Floor truss and wall panel design illustrations and based from blueprints to produce working drawings for fabrication.
• Completes and finalizes estimations and designs for production and assembly.
• Evaluates designs to ensure that design standards are being met.
Analyzes and Troubleshoots:
• Reviews and analyzes specifications, blueprints, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood components.
• Communicates with production teams, customers and Store Managers to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process. Assists stores in responding to questions/concerns from customers.
• MiTek experience required; SE trained is preferred
• At least 2 years of experience designing and estimating trusses for multi-family projects
• Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction pertinent to Roof/Floor truss and wall panels
• Previous experience using MiTek truss design software required
• High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed
• Competency in basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
• Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans
• Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber, 2021