A Carter Lumber Truss Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the production of trusses in a manufacturing environment.
2901 N Morton St
Franklin IN 46131
• Oversees the truss department.
• Ensures that high standards of quality, safety and service are met. Assists on setting direction for production through long and short term goal planning and ensures budgets are being met.
Production & Scheduling
• Ensures production schedules are met and that quality products are being produced.
• Evaluates and suggests improvements in the production.
• Organizes and prioritizes production and schedules to ensure lead times are met.
• Ensures inventory is properly accounted for and accurate.
• Responsible for properly delegating and overseeing all aspects of inventory according to policies and procedures.
• Communicates policies and ensures that employees are following safety standards during production.
• Inspects machinery to make sure of the proper set up and use.
• Previous management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Understanding of truss design
• Experience in truss cutting and assembly
• Possess knowledge in loading and shipping methods
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber 2021