7101 Geoffrey Way
Frederick MD 21704
A Carter Lumber Assistant Installed Manager is responsible for overseeing various installation services, repairs and remodeling work performed by installers, both employees and subcontractors. Knowledge of building materials, local building codes and proper installation techniques will be vital in this position’s success as well as, a strong commitment to customer service. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
• Recruits and qualifies installers.
• Ensures all paperwork requirements are met.
• Ensures that installers are completing work according to the company’s code of conduct.
• Works closely with the Installed Manager and Market VP to create a strong installed sales team to meet company sales and margin goals.
• Schedules and coordinates installed services.
• Ensures that jobs are completed timely and according to contract.
• Solves issues in a patient and understanding manner by using strong judgment in analyzing, troubleshooting and • evaluating the issue while ensuring the customer is treated with the utmost respect and given the highest quality of workmanship.
• Installers are performing their job in a safe manner and that OSHA regulations are being followed.
• Directs and facilitates best practices to ensure safety standards are being met by conducting inspections.
Knowledge & Training
• Ability to direct and train Installers effectively to ensure the guidelines and requirements are being met per regulatory agencies.
• Ensures the Installer has the training needed to install the product safely and efficiently.
• Standing and/or walking for long periods of time across a variety of surfaces.
• Lifting up to 100 lbs. regularly without assistance.
• Regular stooping and bending at the waist.
• Occasional kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Pushing and pulling items of various weights and sizes multiple times daily.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions year-round.
• Previous installed sales management experience in a building materials environment
• Strong knowledge of installation methods and process improvements
• Ability to solve problems by using strong judgment in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating the problem
• Possess strong math skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze and provide recommendations to solve problems
Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber 2021