A Carter Lumber Millwork Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for setting the example and providing direction in the operation of a warehouse.
148 Rt 70 East
Medford NJ 08055
148 Rt 70 East
Medford, NJ 08055
• Responsible for setting the direction and managing areas of employment such as; hiring, communication, motivation, discipline, separation and other areas.
• Ensures goals are outlined for employees and are met.
• Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
• Ensures that material is accurately pulled and staged for pickup or delivery.
• Directs delivery schedules and responsible for ensuring that they are on time and the correct material and quantities were delivered.
• Responsible for maintaining the inventory in the warehouse by conducting cycle counts, keeping the warehouse organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
• Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in the warehouse including sales, inventory and safety. Ensures that all equipment is being properly used and maintained.
Knowledge & Training:
• Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities..
• Completes required orientation and safety training.
• Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
• Encourages and oversees employee career development.
• Industry experience is strongly preferred (lumber, building materials, construction)
• Previous supervisory experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a warehouse
• Ability to direct and train others effectively as a team member
• Familiarity with building materials
• Ability to participate effectively as a team member
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
© Carter Lumber, 2021